Tetra is a dehydrated amniotic membrane allograft used to improve surgical outcomes including procedures in ophthalmology and Optometry.
- Tetra is available in two thicknesses for use in mild to severe conditions.
- Tetra Slim is a single epithelial layer of amniotic membrane that is used for mild to moderate conditions.
- Tetra Thick is a dual epithelial layer of amniotic membrane that is used for moderate to severe conditions.
Tetra has the following advantages:
- Stores dry at room temperature
- Suitable for immediate use off the shelf
- Hydrates rapidly
- Adheres to the ocular surface
- Sterilized with gamma radiation to SAL 10-6 in accordance with ISO 11137
- Five-year shelf life
- Textured surface facilitates ease of handling and placement
- Symmetric graft allows either side to be placed in contact with ocular surface
Tetra Single and Dual Layer Dimensions
Tetra 1 x 1
Tetra 1 x 2
Tetra 2 x 2
- Maintain allograft in a dry environment at room temperature
- (18°C/64°F to 34°C/93°F)
- No refrigeration is necessary
- Apply dry or wet to ocular surface
- Apply either graft surface to the wound site; Symmetric design removes stromal layer/epithelial layer facing requirements
- Graft may be manipulated in place and/or repositioned during surgery
Preparation and Application
- Open the product package and remove peel-pouch containing the amnion graft.
- Open outer pouch and place inner pouch onto the sterile field.
- Wait to open inner package until ready to place graft onto wound site.
- Before Application peel open or trim through inner pouch to expose the graft.
- Remove graft using sterile gloves or smooth tip forceps.
- Apply the graft over the intended site.
- If necessary, a graft may be hydrated prior to applying to the surgical site
- Sutures or adhesives may be used if necessary