NO ADDITIVES OR PRESERVATIVES
NO ADDITIVES | NO PRESERVATIVES | 3-5 YEAR SHELF LIFE
Available in Three Styles and Six Sizes to Fit Your Needs
Watch: The Many Benefits of Eclipse Amnion Membrane
Are Tetra and Eclipse Safe?
- Collection of the donor tissue is performed in an aseptic manner by appropriately licensed tissue establishments
- Placentas are recovered from planned C-sections which helps to minimize the potential for contamination during recovery
- Placental donors go through a rigorous pre-screening qualification
- Placental donors are tested to confirm they are free from disease
- No chemical cross-linking added during processing
- Processed in accordance with the safety guide- lines provided by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) – Human Cellular and Tissue-based Products (HCT/P) (21 CFR Part 1271)
- Processed in accordance with the standards from the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB)
What is Amnion?
Amnion is the placental tissue that surrounds and protects the fetus during development in utero. The properties of amnion that benefit the fetus also make it an effective material for providing barrier protection in a number of surgical settings. Repurposing this versatile tissue to improve surgical procedures is supported by studies in published literature which describe its successful and safe clinical use. Amnion consists primarily of fibrillar and membranous collagens, elastin, and a mix of growth factors and cytokines that provide the properties unique to placental tissues.
Amnion for Ophthalmology and Optometry
The scientific and peer reviewed literature describe a number of benefits from the clinical use of amnion tissues in ophthalmic procedures, including:
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-scarring effects and contain growth factors that promote epithelial wound healing on the surface of the eye 
- Band and bullous keratopathy 
- Chemical Burns of the ocular surface [6,7]
- Conjunctival defects and conjuctivochalasis [8,9]
- Pterygium 
- Corneal Transplant, trabeculectomy 
- Severe Corneal Ulcers [2,3,4,11]
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome 
The versatile and powerful properties of amnion have been improving surgical outcomes for decades.
2023 CODING & REIMBURSEMENT GUIDE FOR OPHTHALOGIX ECLIPSE & TETRA AMNIOTIC MEMBRANE
Ophthalogix is providing this summary of Medicare payment rates to share information on payments for items and services related to its products. Because Medicare rates are the only publicly posted rates, and many other payers use Medicare payment levels to set their own rates, the figures below are specified as a frame of reference for our customers.
While Ophthalogix is committed to provide accurate coding information, this information should not be interpreted as providing clinical advice, dictating reimbursement policy or substitute for the judgment of a practitioner. It is always the provider’s responsibility to determine and submit appropriate codes, charges and modifiers for rendered services.
Ophthalogix assumes no responsibility or liability for the timeliness, accuracy and completemeness of the information contained below. Since reimbursement laws, regulations and payor policies change frequently, it is recommended that providers consult with their payors, coding specialists, and/or legal counsel regarding coverage, coding and payment issues.
CPT CODE: 65778: Placement of amniotic membrane on the eye; without sutures
2022 NATIONAL MEDICARE PAYMENT RATE NON-FACILITY: $1,443